Call for Artists
60th Annual Central Washington Artists' Exhibition
THE LARSON GALLERY
The Larson Gallery is located on the campus of Yakima Valley Community College. Yakima is in the heart of Washington's Wine Country– the same latitude as the great wine-producing regions of France, with magnificent vineyards and 60 wineries in the Yakima Valley appellation. The Larson Gallery was established in 1949 as one of the original buildings on the campus of the then-named Yakima Valley Junior College. The Larson Gallery remains the largest and oldest continually operating non-commercial gallery in Central Washington. Its existence is a partnership between the Larson Gallery, the Larson Gallery Guild a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and Yakima Valley Community College
Open to all artists residing in Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan, Walla Walla, and Yakima Counties. Only original artwork executed by artist within the last two years and not previously shown in a juried Larson Gallery show will be considered.
Eligible media: acrylic, ceramic, drawing, fiber, glass, metal, mixed media, non-traditional materials, oil, photography, print, watercolor, and wood.
The Larson Gallery, The Larson Gallery Guild, and Yakima Valley Community
College, hereinafter referred to as "THE GALLERY," together make the followingconditions applicable for all artists entering art for exhibition: (1) The Galleryreserves the right to photograph exhibiting art work for limited publicity purposes; (2) all art must remain on exhibition throughout the designated show schedule; (3) a commission of 35 percent will be charged on all sales; (4) sales tax will be collected and reported for the artist; (5) The Gallery reserves the right to refuse artwork that is too fragile, oversized, or does not meet conditions of eligibility; and (6) The Gallery cannot assume responsibility for loss or damage during shipment. Insurance coverage is provided during the exhibition.
RETRIEVAL OF WORK
The Gallery cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss to artwork that has been left more than 30 days following posted deadlines for picking up work. Artwork left longer than 30 days becomes the property of the Larson Gallery Guild.
CD SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Load all images of artworks onto one CD.
- NO PHOTOGRAPHIC SLIDES OR PRINTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Actual work must be identical to image.
- Digital images must be cropped to the artwork itself. Do not include the frame or mounting in the digital image.
- File format: JPEG only
- File dimensions: No smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side.
- File resolution: 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
- File size: 3 MB maximum
- Label CD in permanent marker with your name and phone number.
- Your CD will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, envelope stamped with sufficient postage – or you may pick it up.
- TEST YOUR CD BEFORE SUBMITTING. Artists will not be contacted if their Compact Discs are not readable by our Windows computer system.
- For each artwork include one overall image and up to two detail images. For 3-dimensional artwork submit one overall image and up to four detail images.
- Files must be named: “A, B, C, or D_TitleOfWork_Medium.jpg”.
ie: "B_MorningWalk_Watercolor.jpg", (with letters matching registration form.)
- Detail images should be labeled "A-detail1, A-detail2, A-detail3".
- SETS: Artworks of multiple units are considered as one “ARTWORK” only when priced and labeled as one piece. Sets must include 1 image of the overall set and 1 image of each part labeled with the letter and number (A-1, A-2, A-3).
ACTUAL SIZE OF ACCEPTED FINISHED WORK:
2-Dimensional artwork cannot exceed 72” in any direction, including sets. 3-Dimensional artwork cannot exceed 8 square feet of floor space, 8 feet in height, or weigh over 100 pounds.
Entries will be juried from CDs only—
DO NOT SUBMIT ORIGINAL WORK
PLEASE NOTE: If your work is accepted, your notification letter will include framing requirements, shipping instructions, and purchase award information.